Monday, October 3, 2011

Divide and Conquer

So today was full of amarr fail. Me and Cyber Ten , one of KGB's most recent additions, decide to fly around amarr space and deliver some good news. Me in the stabber and Cyber in a wolf, we settled into Kourmonen, dropped some probes but just weren't able to catch anybody. A few hits on the probes ended up leading directly to stations or empty space. So we decide to move on to Huola. I go ahead and warp to gate while cyber pulls in drones and such from an alt. As usual while im in warp to the gate a fleet jumps through same gate. Fun times and amarr fails are about to happen!

Ok so I land on gate and see at least 10 amarr there. Now being a pro gtfo pilot I effortlessly go into gtfo mode. Quick check to see ships types and an easy assumption of what this fleet will do. Basic stuff really. They will lock and engage me with one ship while jumping the rest of their fleet in for an "easy" kill. The above happens according to plan and, instead of being a frantic newb and thinking I gotta jump in asap and beat the fleet to warp, I hold on gate. 75% shields, hold on gate. 50% shields, hold on gate. 25% shields, hold on gate. 15% shields, incoming gate fire from hostile ship, out going gate fire from me! Amarr fail #1. Dunno the ship that came through but I do know it was apart of that fleet! I also know that its one less dps on the other side of gate. So holding cloak and letting some shield regen I look around and see nothing of real concern and it seemed to me they were relying on a dramiel for tackle so meh easy stuff. 25% shield (plenty) I approach gate breaking my cloak and hit the mwd. Red boxes everywhere with ships and drones coming at me and I jump through 10% shields and leave them with no kill and an aggression timer to deal with. Fail tackle = Amarr fail #2

By this time I'm thinking to myself, at most ill have to get clear of 2 ships or kill them.. either way im golden. Well apparently they brought along a few more friends for some fun. About 6 ships on this side no big deal to get away from them, just gotta wait for the right time. 2 things worked to my advantage at this point. First, my cloaked location was directly between the out gate and the hostiles for an easy align that would work for my benefit and second, I had loki boosts! Loki boost gave my mwd speed output a nice little boost. So align to Auga gate, mwd, overheat and I'm gone. Now I could have gone to a safe but that's no fun. I ran my mwd  to the point where my cap would be empty after next cycle then I warped. OH NOES CANT MAKE IT ALL THE WAY!!!! Well they didnt know that. So naturally they chase the stabber. Well a crow and a dramiel chase the stabber. I end up 3k away from gate. Cyber is on gate and watches the dram and crow land. I warp to gate immedietly thinking we can kill at least one of these guys before fleet comes. I land, start targeting the crow and the dram... jumps?Fail #3. Crow aggresses and we make short work of this pilot. As he splodes the dram returns to system and the fleet is just landing on gate. Cyber burns out of range and I decide to go crazy and warp back to the Hualo gate at zero. No one on gate but the dram lands right behind and decides to.....jump??Fail #4  Apparently this smart guy thought I was gonna jump out?? Well I align to safe and hit mwd again. Dram pilot returns to system and starts burning towards me. I warp to safe then decide I need repairs! Another corp mate decides to join up and while I'm repairing they kill a nice little slicer.

So we toy with this fleet for a bit more. trying to get their smaller ships to come at us so we could burn them down and warp before fleet landed but eventually they got bored with us and went back to Hualo. Naturally we were having too much fun and by this time 2 more corp mates had joined up for some pew so we were feeling good. We jump in and the gate is clear. We disperse throughout the system checking for anything that might be fun to splode and find nothing. good bit of stuff on scans but nothing reachable. Then we get a slicer on scan near the Kourmonen gate. I warp and land on top of a slicer. With only a disruptor fit I figured id have to run the mwd full time to stay within range of my disruptor. My plan went well until I burned out disruptor and mwd. Slicer warped off in structure as a dominix landed with something else I didn't stick around to see. I dock up, repair, and jump back to Kourmonen for a more controlled environment. I'm scanning at a safe in Kourmonen when the original fight on the Hualo gate began. Original targets were Amarr for sure but at some point  neutrals came into the fight started attacking our flashy guys! I target them looking for weakest link and find a ceptor already taking damage from Anabaric's stabber. Trying to help my corp mate out I decide to take gcc and my chances with the gate guns. Overheated weapons and we make short work of the ceptor. I got out with a bit of armor damage but Anabaric was held down by a rapier and fleet issue stabber and popped a few seconds later.

Cyber Ten had to call it quits to go shave his legs for swim practice and I decided to take a break and watch a movie. All in all a productive day since I finally have more kills than losses since joining Kadavr Corps! I'm also currently ahead in a corp competition so good news all around XD

5 comments:

Heribeck said...

Sounds like a fun roam, what TZ do you guys play in? might have to sugest you to a friend.

Oh and i love the trick of getting people to seperate their tackle from their fleet, hopefuly out to like to 100k so they cant warp in to help.

Acute Dragonis said...

we span all tz's atm. We are more so EU with a few US members.. Currently we are recruiting for anyone interested in solo and small gang fleets!

Its how we roll

Acute Dragonis said...

Just tell your buddu to msg me ingame... ill hook him up in our recruitement channel and if he likes the enviroment he can put an app in

Heribeck said...

Ill send him a message, but I think he is indisposed for about a week

Acute Dragonis said...

no biggie its all good just when he gets a chance