Saturday, September 3, 2011

AAA vs The Russians

I started my scanning as soon as I logged in yesterday. Found the usual C3 exit and continued my scanning in the C3 for the null sec static and any other possible static that may be there. Only 4 sigs for the entire system so wasn't long before I had the null sec exit to AAA controlled 3GD6-8. My natural pvp instinct tells me to warp around belts and the station to see if the carebears are around but find nothing. I do notice that there are a few Sov blockers onlining and seems to me that they were most likely on edge and playing it safe so I decided to head back to the hole and start killing some sleepers.


A few corpies and I start knocking out some sites and after a few are cleared we drop some probes to see if anything new has popped up. Now there are 5 sigs and we quickly probe down a new wormhole leading to high sec! The exit is close to a corpies noctis so he decides to run and get it while I run into Minmatar space for another corpies drake! It takes us about an hour to get everything with afk's and a corpie forgetting to bm the hole entrance. We finally get back in and by this time its just 2 of us active. So while I'm changing ships at the pos my corpie Takung is cleaning up wrecks in the C3. At first I didn't understand him, so I was a bit slow to respond but eventually I understood completely.

Apparently an arazu had found him and had him warp disrupted. (later Tak realized that the pilot was trying to ransom him in local but most wormhole dwellers don't pay any attention to local and he wouldn't have paid anyways) So I swap out of my tengu and go to a nos cane thinking this will be a fight against the C3 locals and they may bring T3's. I warp to C3 entrance and Tak says he is in pod and the arazu has friends with him now. I jump, start warp, tak said he has been podded, and I'm thinking I'm about to have some fun! I land on top of  Tak's wreck and all that's there is a heretic.  I'm pretty close to him so I charge in knowing a bubble is coming and he will be faster than me so hopefully I can get in and suck his cap dry before he is too far. No such luck as he drops a bubble then quickly gets out and warps off. As soon as he warps his arazu buddy uncloaks and naturally warp disrupts me from a good distance away. I drop drones and start burning towards him while overheating the mwd. His drones are doing little to my shield but I get close enough for my guns and start eating his shield. Around that time a drake lands 30k behind me with the heretic landing right behind him.

I assume the arazu didn't warp off because he didn't think I would kill him before his friends killed me but once the heretic and drake came on I knew I wouldn't last for too long. The heretic dropped another bubble and with the damage I started to take I switched from burning at the arazu to burning out of the bubble! I get out of the bubble with about 25% armor but still cant warp obviously so I just keep firing and burning while I wait for a right time to eject and get my pod out. At about 25% structure I eject as the arazu goes BOOM as well! I warp off to the C4 entrance with a quick gf in local (with no response) They win the quantity of kills award I win the isk destroyed award!

So I reship into a hound and go check out the wrecks. Nothing of use left so I decided to check the km and noticed that my killers were AAA. I decide to head back out into 3GD6-8 and see if they decided to become more active.  I notice a lot more people in local and a cyno up so I warp in at 100k. The sov blocker is about 5 min away from onlining so I assume its AAA bringing in some ships to get rid of them. I land and see nothing but red.... and white... A nice sized abaddon fleet made up of Red Alliance and White Noise. I sit and watch as they guard their sov blocker. A random bomber drops  a bomb and kills a rookie ship. (don't ask me why the rookie ship was there... silly Russians!) So the fleet starts aligning and somehow the pod gets way out of the fleet going a different way and all, so I put out a call into corp chat seeing if anyone wants to warp in for a quick pod kill. One corpie jumps at the chance to kill a ruskie but he didn't have any of the bm's to get out. Once I got him out and warped back to the pod, it was gone.

So I sit and watch for a bit hoping to get a straggler or that pod on scans. The abaddon fleet decides to warp of to the hub once the sov blockers were set and I followed. At the hub another cyno was up and several caps and supercaps including a titan came in to knock off the hub. Through the chaos that was ships, drones, and fighters I managed to pick out the pod that I had lost earlier. Seeing no chance at getting him I continued to just watch and wait. 15-20 minutes of hitting the hub and it finally explodes. The fleet then all align and warp off to the station. All but one. The pod pilot, obviously getting tired of sitting at his screen watching his fleet shoot the hub, went afk for who knows what reason. I'm a 100k away and start the slow flight to get into orbit around him! Orbiting at 7.5k i xx for warp and a few seconds later we have Russian pod goo all over space!

Yeah yeah its just a pod kill... BUT its a Russian!! That gotta count for something. TBH I think I did more fighting against the Russian than AAA did... Poor little guys!

1 comment:

Nashh Kadavr said...

Russian goo = best goo