Monday, September 19, 2011

String of Bad Luck

So I joined the wormhole corp knowing I was going in for the isk. I knew I'd be getting very little kills, if any, and would probably suffer from a few loses since wormhole space was new to me! It pretty much all played out they was I knew it would. Few kills here and there and a few losses here and there. For the most part though my kill/death ratio was staying about even. Until recently when I finally joined the PvP corp.

I'm pvp, I'm use to losses, and I know its part of the game. Ive suffered some pretty big losses in my career and I've dealt with those as everyone else would. (went outside and cursed at the top of my lungs) Recently though, its not the quality of my loss mails as much as  the quantity of loss mails that's getting to me. Again I'm used to losing.... but not so much.... Granted a few of my losses were me having fun and eventually getting caught in a bubbled wormhole or me thinking I docked and going afk to deal with the twins then coming back to see myself sploding just in time to get my pod out. Currently I'm 5-20 since joining up under the Kadavr banner. Id say I hit a bit of a slump!

Its just not something I'm familiar with. Maybe I'm getting old and my reflexes are getting a bit shotty? My isk destroyed out ways my isk lost by a good bit but id still prefer green all around the board. It could be I'm going out solo more often than I did before. I was originally a null sec pilot but didn't do much on the blob wars. I stuck to the small gang roams. I also was a -10 pirate for a spell but even then I was flying with 2 other pilots. It could also be I'm used to flying battle cruisers. Other than a recon or bomber I was rarely seen in anything smaller than a BC. With the null sec alliances you are seldom ever asked to bring a frig and its usually required for you to bring BC or up!

(As I'm typing this we kill an Amarr Scumbag and then join up with Shadow Cartel and knock out this little carebear)

To be honest, I truly believe it because I don't care. I'm flying a rifter... what is there to care about. Ill just buy a new one and be on my way. With the BC's cost a bit more, maybe I was a bit more weary about what I attacked. While flying a rapier I would tackle get a few pot shots in then warp out once my shield were almost gone and the gang finished them off. Solo rifter.... meh if I lose it I lose it.

(Feck just lost another rifter.....)

So I guess I just gotta look forward to when I get my groove back because I might be back in the wormhole before long if I keep this slump up!

2 comments:

Nashh Kadavr said...

Pvp, low sec pvp specifically can be feast or famin. Don't be disheartened, adapt, mix it up. Pipe up in our intell channels, take risks, don't let losses get you down.

Also get your alt to be busy in the times your main is not.

Love n hugs

Nashh

Nashh Kadavr said...

Ah also consider running some faction missions. Great isk and passes the time too.

Check the forum for details and fleet with me or Dame to get your standings sorted.